New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Yet another wireless issue

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

LesStrat

LesStrat is on a distinguished road

I have a G3 iMac 600MHz, 1GB RAM, OS X 10.3.9. I recently bought the addlogix Wireless-G USB Network Adapter. I have a Linksys WRT54G Wireless G router hardwired to my PC.

I got the wireless adapter to work on my work laptop (XP based). I cannot get it to work with the iMac.

In the wireless utility, it shows "Connected" to my network. Yet when I open Safari, it cannot find the 'net. I suspect this is a setting issue, but I don't even know where to begin.

I'm new to the Mac world. I used one over 10 years ago, but things have changed a bit.
QUOTE Thanks
fearlessfreap24

fearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D

what does your network preferences tell you in System Preferences?

QUOTE Thanks
LesStrat

What part are you asking about?

Show: Built-in Ethernet
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Well, since your trying to go wireless, looking at the built in Ethernet setup isn't going to help. Try looking at the Airport settings. In fact, is Airport even enabled on your machine? Maybe you need to enable it from that same Prefs Pane you just referenced.

QUOTE Thanks
LesStrat

Where? I did not see a place for that.
QUOTE Thanks
LesStrat

Okay. I can ping the router. But Safari still does not allow me to go online.

If I try to use "assist" to set up a wireless connection, the "airport" option is shaded.

I installed the wireless utility/driver again, with the same results. For some reason the iMac is not recognizing the driver (apparently). Any suggestions?
QUOTE Thanks
LesStrat

I got tech support on the phone after 3 days of phone tag. It was a setting issue.DOH!

Working fine now.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Airport Problem (Self-Assigned IP Address) | Share a Win XP computer with my Mac's printer »