New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Update Firmware , Help

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jds670

jds670 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17-inch model 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor

Hi

I recently updated my airport extreme with the new firmware and it ran me through all the setup. when all was said and done i can not log onto the internet now. Everything was working fine until the firmware upgrade. here is the message i keep getting, I also did a hard reset on the router.

Poblem 1 of 1 : Internet Connection

Your base station does not have a valid IP address. Make sure your base station is connected to your broadband modem or local network,verify your settings, and try again. If you still cant connect, ccontact your internet service provider.

NOTE

I can by pass the router and plug my cable modem directly into computer and get connection. So the problem lies somewhere in configuring the router after the darn firmware upgrade. ANY HELP WOULD BE WONDERFUL

THANKS!!!!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
Zoolook

Zoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, i7 2.66Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 5

I know it may seem simple, but have you tried resetting the cable modem?

Alternatively, you'll need to log into the router and help it find the cable modem, giving the IP address or making sure it has DCHP enabled. Sometimes updating firmware can reset default settings to some strange values.

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is stoned to death.
- Joan D. Vinge

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Hardware Firewall for AirPort Extreme | Macbook Network Card Problem »