New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

can't get connected through airport / configuration??

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mrblendz

mrblendz is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: macbook pro 17" core 2 duo 2gb

hi, i bought a macbook pro yesterday and have tried to get on to my wireless network that i have in my house.

When i click on the airport simbol in the top i click on join netgear network

it then asks me for my key or password, i then enter this and it tells me there is an error and can't connect

i have accessed my router through my pc which is connected through ethernet and my sisters laptop connects fine wirelessly

i have changed averything that needed changing in the router setup page
i have checked wpa-psk and set up a key code and this does not work with my mac

i have also disabled the security and still get the same message.

i am just wondering if i need to configure the airport and if so how? there are no signal bars appearing on the icon.

please help!
QUOTE Thanks
MacsWork

MacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really nice
Mac Specs: Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3

Is there an Airport firmware update, or software update? I think 6.3 is the most current version, and it certainly would cause this type of issue.
QUOTE Thanks
mrblendz

mrblendz is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: macbook pro 17" core 2 duo 2gb

Well all i needed to connect was simply a $ inserted before the 26 digit code!

all sorted now though!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Encrypting Linksys BEFW11S4 | Wireless Networking Help »