New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Swapping out Airport Disks?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Soundhound

Soundhound is on a distinguished road

I've been using a drive as an airport disk for a while with no problems. However I wanted to switch which drive I was using - so I ejected the airport drive off my desktop, powerd down the drive, disconcted it from the airport extreme, and hooked up the new drive. But Airport Disk utility says it won't mount. I tried changing the parameters from Connect With Password, to Connect as Guest, but that didn't seem to help. And, as usual, I can't find the instructions for how to do this in apple manual (my fault I'm sure). So. aaaaaahhhhhh! Anyone know how to do this? Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
rogerinlondon

rogerinlondon will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacPro 2,66GHz 10GB RAM NV 8800GT Cinema 30" * MBP 15" Glossy 2.33 GHz 2 Duo 3GB RAM 160GB HD

Have you tried to restart the base station?
QUOTE Thanks
Soundhound

Yup, restarted the base station. Also went into Airport Utility and re-setup file sharing for the disk. Seems like I did everything. And when I try and mount the disk, the box says: "Connection Failed. Inknown user, incorrect password, or login is disabled. Please retype the login information or contact the disk's administrator.
QUOTE Thanks
rogerinlondon

Mac Specs: MacPro 2,66GHz 10GB RAM NV 8800GT Cinema 30" * MBP 15" Glossy 2.33 GHz 2 Duo 3GB RAM 160GB HD

And you updated the firmware to 7.2.1? An you can connect the HDD directly to the Mac? If yes, it is weird....
QUOTE Thanks
Soundhound

Yup, yup and yup, I'm afraid. Arg. All I can think is that I had a different drive in p[lace as the airport disk before, and some part of the software thinks it needs to look for that one. The curse of Apple continues, undisturbed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerinlondon View Post
And you updated the firmware to 7.2.1? An you can connect the HDD directly to the Mac? If yes, it is weird....
QUOTE Thanks
rogerinlondon

That should not really be the problem. I can for example put a memory stick in the hub I have connected to base station and it immediately shows up as an extra disk. Maybe repairing permissions will help as a last resort?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Printer Sharing | Ethernet Connection »