New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Help! I am having problems setting up my wireless router

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MacbookNewbie_

MacbookNewbie_ is on a distinguished road

I bought a Linksys WRT54G and cannot figure out how to set it up with my Macbook. I do not have Windows on my computer. Is that my problem? This is my first Mac and I love it, but I would also love to go wireless in my house. Can anyone help me me set up my Linksys Wireless Router. If so, please give me "dummy instructions." If you need more details or information from me, please let me know.
QUOTE Thanks
BlackCivic

BlackCivic is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 13" white 2.16Ghz, 2Gb ram, 120gb hd

if you connect your router to your macbook hardwired, type in the address bar 192.168.*.* (* is for the last 2 digits) and type admin for the username with no password, you should be able to configure the router... change your ssid to the name you want your network to be, and enable encrpytion to ANYTHING higher then wep... preferably something like wpa2+aes and as added protection, if you really want to get advanced, enable mac address filtering... MAC address filtering will only allow pc's or laptops access to your wireless network if you permit them with the mac address... If you need any more help you can either pm me or one of the guys here can help you...
QUOTE Thanks
fearlessfreap24

fearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D

i believe the IP address is 192.168.1.1. Make sure you change your router's IP address also.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Airport connected, No Signal | Macbook Airport: No Google Anything using WPA »