New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Help with Chicken of the VNC

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sukh18

sukh18 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP: 2gig CD

So I'm setting up vnc on my home computers for my parents since i'm moving away and am having a little problem. When I use the home windows machines with RealVNC and type the public ip and not the router ip, it connects to my mac just like it would with the router ip. But when i type the public ip into Chicken of the VNC, it comes up with a "connection terminated" dialog box but it works when i type in the router ip. Any idea why or if i'm doing something wrong? Thanks in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
milessthomas

milessthomas is a jewel in the roughmilessthomas is a jewel in the roughmilessthomas is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3

Are you connecting to your parents windows or osx pc?

If your connecting from home have you made a redirect w/ no-ip.com and forwarded the port (5900 is the standard vnc port) on your parents router?

When you connect to your parents computer you should be connecting as such in COTVNC
Quote:
server: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5900, display=0, passwd as the passwd your set on your server. (x.x.x.x being your parents external ip (Link to find ext. ip)

QUOTE Thanks
milessthomas

milessthomas is a jewel in the roughmilessthomas is a jewel in the roughmilessthomas is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3

If you send me a screen shot of your parents vnc server config screen and your COTVNC connection and let me know if you've forwarded ports correctly I should be able to help you. Done a lot of this stuff.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Can't i use Bluetooth and wireless at the same time? | Satellite internet connectivity »