New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

mapping ports for amule

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Jeanleb

Jeanleb is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: powerbook G4 2G memory

when using amule, I keep being given a low ID. The amule ports to be kept open are: TCP 4662/4665 and the UDP port is 4672. I tried entering these numbers but I still get a low ID and Kad firewalled. Is there a specific way to write the numbers? should I also enter the personal IP (the one given by my airport extreme base station is different from the one my cable modem uses).
As a whole, I am very satisfied with the station, it was very easy to set up and, apart from this problem, everything's ok.
QUOTE Thanks
kkrog

kkrog will become famous soon enough

What you will need to do is create a "port-forward" that forwards traffic from your external (cabelmodem) IP to your internal (personal) IP on the ports used by aMule - I don't know how to do it on the Airport Extreme, but usually it's pretty straight forward.
If you have turned on your software firewall on the mac you will need to open the ports there too.
Bonne chance!
Klaus
QUOTE Thanks
Jeanleb

ok, thanks for the advice. I don't know how to do it either, but it sounds logical.I'll get to it and let you know when I have succeeded.
QUOTE Thanks
Jeanleb

Read a lot of different articles on the web and still can't manage to get rid of a "low Id" on amule. Can anybody help? I understand i must make my airport IP accept what my cable modem IP receives. I have not activated any firewall that I know of and still get the mention: Kad firewalled.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« airport isn't sending signals to my pc? | Wifi help - public network »