Specs:
    MBP 15.4 core2duo 2.16 2gb
    and wifi, its not making any sence!
    I just installed Ubuntu on my mbp 15" everything worked fine. the wifi didnt work using WPA but it worked without security, which was fine. I installed Ubuntu bcz i was not able to connect to my wifi with OSX, some router issues. Now to the real story, after installing Ubuntu 7.04 i decided to restart to osx, started normally, then guess what? MY WIFI IN OSX STARTED WORKING! using WPA security! i dont realy understand. im sending this email from my bed right now. can someone explain this please?

thanks

Regards.

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by comthre3 View Post
    I just installed Ubuntu on my mbp 15" everything worked fine. the wifi didnt work using WPA but it worked without security, which was fine. I installed Ubuntu bcz i was not able to connect to my wifi with OSX, some router issues. Now to the real story, after installing Ubuntu 7.04 i decided to restart to osx, started normally, then guess what? MY WIFI IN OSX STARTED WORKING! using WPA security! i dont realy understand. im sending this email from my bed right now. can someone explain this please?

thanks

Regards.
    Ubuntu introduces a whole new set of variables into the equation, so let's start with OS X and forget Ubuntu for the moment.

What kind of router are you using and do you have all of the Software Updates installed on your MacBook Pro at this point?
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    Im using an SMC router. this makes no sense at all. it never used to work before. i've installed all the updates for the mac and updated the routers firmware too. it didnt work, now after installing ubuntu on another partition it started working on mac os x? i really dont understand this. the wifi is working fine so far. I've insatlled the latest updates then used http://discussions.apple.com/thread....86762&tstart=0 this method to reverse my upgrade to the old airport firmware. it didnt work then even, its only after the ubuntu that it started working. i've had this laptop for 2 weeks now. its the first time that im connected to my wifi router today im happy

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Im using an SMC router. this makes no sense at all. it never used to work before. i've installed all the updates for the mac and updated the routers firmware too. it didnt work, now after installing ubuntu on another partition it started working on mac os x? i really dont understand this. the wifi is working fine so far. I've insatlled the latest updates then used http://discussions.apple.com/thread....86762&tstart=0 this method to reverse my upgrade to the old airport firmware. it didnt work then even, its only after the ubuntu that it started working. i've had this laptop for 2 weeks now. its the first time that im connected to my wifi router today im happy
    That doesn't make much sense to me either - but then, I wasn't looking over your shoulder to see what tweaks you were making, and I don't really know how you have your router configured at this point.

My natural inclination would be to tell you to switch over to WPA2 instead of WPA if it's available, but frankly, it ain't broke, so don't fix it.

Let's see how it goes and if it doesn't stay "fixed", we'll troubleshoot further.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    im afraid to turn off the laptop now i really dont understand what happened, its a miracle i think thanx for the quick reply btw.

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 2.16ghz Core Duo | 1GB RAM | 100 GB HDD | 256MB ATI RADEON x1600
    im afraid to turn off the laptop now i really dont understand what happened, its a miracle i think thanx for the quick reply btw.
    Wow, a GOOD post concerning a MacBook Pro and Wifi.

Kudos

Specs:
    this is so weird. just turned on my mbp, and the wifi didnt work. restarted, ran ubuntu. then restarted to osx and the wifi was working. this is just freaky

Ninjab3ar, didnt get what ur trying to say can u elaborate please.

Thread Information