New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Send keystrokes across network??

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

gazzer82

gazzer82 is on a distinguished road

Does anyone know of any software to allow keystokes to we sent across a network, preferably from a pc to a mac. I have a piece of hardware that will not work on intel macs that i use to trigger a video server program called katalyst by sending keystrokes into the system. So i am looking for a way of installing it into a seperate windows machine/parallels running on the same system, or last resort another mac, and then capturing the keystrokes on that machine and sending them by network to the Mac Pro to be played back into the system.

Anyone got any ideas, all my googleing to now has come to nothing

Cheers

Gareth
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Look into VNC...
It will allow you to remotely access a second computer and "Remote control" it.

You can then operate the software remotely...

Or have I misunderstood the specific problem? (I'm not too sure why you would need to send back keystrokes from a remote machine and send them mac to your Mac Pro).
QUOTE Thanks
jaynorris

jaynorris is on a distinguished road

You're talking about a keystroke logger? Write your own... :-)

-Jay
QUOTE Thanks
gazzer82

No that is not what i want, basically all i need to do is have one computer, probably a pc connected by a network to a mac pro. Then when i press the letter "d" on the pc i want the mac to think that someone has pressed the letter d on it's keyboard. I will have a look into vnc as that may work if i used the pc to open a session on the mac, but it's a bit overkill for what i need, i just want to send the keyboard stuff without having to worry about sending video streams over an already quite stretched network.

Cheers

Gareth
QUOTE Thanks
jaynorris

jaynorris is on a distinguished road

Discover Synergy at http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/

I use this to control my PC from my Mac, it's not a VNC!

-Jay
QUOTE Thanks
gazzer82

Cheers jay that looks like a really cool piece of software, i may indeed give that a try on my home network!!

It's still not quite what i am looking for, i am starting to think that what i am looking for doesn't exist. Maybe i shall have to bite the bullet and try and write something myself, hmm.

Cheers

Gareth
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Couple networking bugs | airport express HD sharing »