WiFi speed in Macbook pro slow
    Hi pals

Can anybody tell me, is there any specific settings that I need to do to speed up my wireless internet access in macbook pro!?
    This questions comes up in my mind as it is kind of worrying me as I can very clearly see there is a considerable difference in speed between my fujitsu siemens-celsius notebook and my new macbook pro. In my PC notebook my browser is Internet Explorer and Safari in my mac, could this be the browser that is to take the blame?

thanks

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by Sany View Post
    Hi pals

Can anybody tell me, is there any specific settings that I need to do to speed up my wireless internet access in macbook pro!?
    This questions comes up in my mind as it is kind of worrying me as I can very clearly see there is a considerable difference in speed between my fujitsu siemens-celsius notebook and my new macbook pro. In my PC notebook my browser is Internet Explorer and Safari in my mac, could this be the browser that is to take the blame?

thanks
    What sort of wireless encryption are you using? If WPA, try WPA2 - we've had some reports of slowness using WPA.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Also, be sure you are comparing apples to apples (pardon the pun).

Make sure you're looking at web sites which neither computer has in cache. And obviously, don't go to sites that use ActiveX stuff.

My MBP is just as fast (throughput and web page rendering) as any of the PC notebooks I have.

I have Onyx and enabled an option to speed up Safari. The difference was extremely noticable. Sites loaded up a lot quicker...

Thread Information