New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Is my new Airport defective?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

steven314

steven314 is on a distinguished road

I recently purchased both an Airport Express and an Airport Extreme. (One to play the music, one to access the music on an external hard drive.)

I set up the Express first, not knowing whether I wanted to unwrap the Extreme and keep it. After deciding I wanted to keep it, I took it out of the box and tried to configure it with my Express network. I know this is backwards, and I couldn't find any good instructions online about this.

So I decided to set up a new network, beginning with the Extreme, and then sync my Express to that network. However, when I plug my Ethernet cable into the Extreme, it blinks amber and doesn't work.

Is there any explanation for this other than a defective Airport Extreme?

Sidenote question: I play my iTunes through my stereo wirelessly with the Express. However, I can't figure out how to get other audio (i.e. YouTube, Quicktime, etc.) to play through my stereo. It defaults to the computer. What should I do?

Thanks.

Steven
QUOTE Thanks
Martin.

Martin. is a jewel in the roughMartin. is a jewel in the rough

for the sidenote question, airtunes only works with itunes music, to play any other audio from your computer you need additional software, i know there is a free one but i cant remember what it is called. if you are playing videos over it the audio wont match the video because it is delayed so that is pointless anyway

~Martin.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Airtunes....How does it work?? | Windows Shares cannot be seen?? »