New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Extreme + Express: use ethernet port on express for net?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

gort

gort is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2.6ghz Quad Xeon, 23" Cinema

Ok, this is how I am setup:

My bedroom has my computers and tivo which are wired into the airport extreme. I have an airport express in my living room hooked to my stereo. I am curious, since my ethernet port on my express is empty, is it possible to have it set to share the net connection over it? I want to hook my xbox up to that port so I don' thave to run a line down my hallway to the living room. It would make sense to have an option like this, but I don't see anything like this in the options.
QUOTE Thanks
gort

gort is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2.6ghz Quad Xeon, 23" Cinema

bumpity bump?
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

deleted

Martin below is correct, to do away with the wires though could get the xbox360 wireless networking adapter.

Or since you can connect a USB printer to the Express and the 360 adapter attaches via USB to the 360, you might could try a USB cable from the Express to the 360 maybe. But don't blame me if it blows up, I'm always willing to try crazy work arounds. Don't have an Express or I'd give it a shot for ya.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Martin.

Martin. is a jewel in the roughMartin. is a jewel in the rough

actually you can only use the port on the express for incoming signal like to hook a dsl or cable modem up, you cannot use it as an output to a device.

~Martin.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« the story so far, an annoying issue | What is the best way to format a Airport Disk? »