New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Mac + PC wireless internet

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

georgeadams

georgeadams is on a distinguished road

Hello all

My housemate has wireless internet and has agreed I can use it. I have an i-mac (without built in wireless receiver) and a pc laptop. I used to connect these both to the internet with a simple ethernet switch.

What would be the best solution to connect these both wireless now? Would it be an interchangable USB device? If so what would you guys recommend?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

George
QUOTE Thanks
awrence

awrence will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: i-mac dual-core 2.16Ghz 24inch, Macbook 2.4Ghz alu, 27" iMac Core 2 Duo 3.06Ghz

2 usb wireless internet dongles (or 1 if you cannot afford 2)
QUOTE Thanks
georgeadams

georgeadams is on a distinguished road

Any suggestions which ones on the market are not too much money, reliable and work well with mac and pc?

Thankyou
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« File Sharing between PC - Mac | wired vs wireless- how does the mac decide? »