New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Airtunes....How does it work??

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

gofasterpinch

gofasterpinch is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP i7, 8gb ram, iPhone 4

Hello!

i am thinking about buying an airtunes base station to put in my garage so i can listen to itunes in there, rather than having to listen to BBC radio one all the time, but ive really no idea how the system works! :headphone

i have a set of powered speakers i can use in the garage, do i literally buy the airtunes station plug it in, plug speakers in and thats it? how do you start or stop music in the garage or even change tracks?

Any help appreciated!

Chris
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

You broadcast the music from your MacBook and control all of the music in iTunes

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
kilo15

kilo15 will become famous soon enough

I use it as my router as well. You just plug it into a speaker and you control it with the mac. The airtunes turns the speakers into your computers speakers. Every thing is controlled on the mac. You can listen on the mac speakers and on the other speakers at the same time. buy it
QUOTE Thanks
gofasterpinch

gofasterpinch is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP i7, 8gb ram, iPhone 4

so really you have to put the mac in the same room if you want to be able to change tracks etc? i guess this is what party shuffle is for!
QUOTE Thanks
kilo15

kilo15 will become famous soon enough

If you want to change it manually then you need the macbook. otherwise it will shuffle.
QUOTE Thanks
Martin.

Martin. is a jewel in the roughMartin. is a jewel in the rough

you can get remotes that plug into the airport express

CLICK

~Martin.

QUOTE Thanks
Shinji

Shinji is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 12" iBook G4 1.33Ghz

does AirTunes only works with music imported in iTunes or does it also work as a "line-out" for all sounds out of the mac?
QUOTE Thanks
el_lasso

el_lasso is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Imac 20" 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

If you have ipod wifi connected to the airexpress, can you use the remote from the ipod hifi to change your song that are in your itunes computer? (no ipod on the dock)

Pat
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Airport Status ? | Is my new Airport defective? »