New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Airport extreme card problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

hay burner

hay burner is on a distinguished road

I have a 15" 1.5 GHz Powerbook G4 Aluminum, and I'm having some wireless issues. I can connect to networks--the problem is that the connection isn't nearly as good as any other computer. My roommate's PC works much better on our school's network. I dismissed this problem as a Mac problem a while ago when I called Apple support and they told me that if I wasn't using an Aiport Extreme router, they couldn't help me. Now, I'm in a house with an Airport Extreme router, and another Macintosh is getting a much better signal than me. It seems like a hardware problem. Has anyone else had trouble with the built-in Airport Extreme card not being as good as other wireless access cards?
QUOTE Thanks
Sherman Homan

Sherman Homan is a jewel in the roughSherman Homan is a jewel in the roughSherman Homan is a jewel in the rough

I never found a card that behaved "badly" they tend to either work or they are dead. And the aluminum PowerBooks had much better reception. The Apple dude who told you that it was about using an Extreme router was smoking stuff. Is the problem signal strength? Connection speed?
QUOTE Thanks
hay burner

hay burner is on a distinguished road

It's mainly signal strength issues. My girlfriend's PC here has full signal, while I'm struggling to hold 2 "bars" (the dot and the ( ).
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Router Problem | macbook core duo adding draft N? »