New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Airport Express..buy now or wait

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

DVaris223

DVaris223 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro, iPhone

Okay, I cannot stand my wireless router..it's awful. It drops the connection when my cordless rings, etc (No matter what channel it's on). I see the Airport Express is only $99 now. Is this because they're probably updating them soon? If they are..would it be worth waiting?

QUOTE Thanks
Daddy Elmis

Daddy Elmis has a spectacular aura about

Unless you are going to try to use 802.11n (the new standard) and your computer's card is 802.11n compliant, then I see no reason to wait.

I've got an Extreme and an Express (to both extend the range of the Extreme in my 2-story house and to let me to the wireless iTunes thang) and it's great.
QUOTE Thanks
AndieCZ

AndieCZ is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac and MacBook Pro

It is not worth of waiting for the new Airport Express as there are no rumors about the new version. I fully agree, that if your computer is not "n" network compliant, you have no chance to get any other benefit from waiting.
QUOTE Thanks
i-VTEC

i-VTEC is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 24" 2.4GHz (AL) iMac+

If your current Router is stressing you out...I wouldn't wait, the Extreme is very easy and highly recommended!
QUOTE Thanks
Reel1

Reel1 is a jewel in the roughReel1 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac

Where you getting your base station? Apples web page is still listing it for $179.00, or that is the price for the "N"
QUOTE Thanks
jamesx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel1 View Post
Where you getting your base station? Apples web page is still listing it for $179.00, or that is the price for the "N"
that price is for the airport extreme. he is asking about airport express.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« how to network macbook with powermac 8500 (sys 9) | Router Problem »