New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Argh! network no longer works in 10.3.3

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

StealthMode

I click on network to access my desktop PC, which works great usually, but now in the past fiew days, I can't do anything! Nothing shows up in the window, even if I leave it for awhile, it just won't see anything.
I can access my Powerbook through my PC, no problem there, but I can't access the network via my PB.
Also, I can ping my desktop, but I can't connect as well, (command+k, connect to 192.168.0.101 (my desktops LAN IP) and well, that doesn't work either, even though I can ping it just fine.) Does anyone have any ideas how I can fix this? Repair the permissions perhaps? I just did that not too long ago, but maybe I need to again :confused:
Anyway, thanx for any help

Stealth -
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

try to connect to the ip address like this

smb://ipaddress

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
StealthMode

Well, it started to connect, which was further than last time. But winodw came uo sayen it failed to make connection :/

Stealth -
QUOTE Thanks
trenollet

Possibly something wrong with the Windoze machine? Make sure file and print sharing is still on.
QUOTE Thanks
StealthMode

It is. My windblowz machine is fine. I really don't know what is goin on with it.. It's as if there is no network at all. Worked fine one day, then poof, my network is no more!
QUOTE Thanks
StealthMode

It seems to be working now. I installed the latest updates (the 2 after 10.3.3) and rebooted, and everything works fine again. :confused: Oh well, I'm happy
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 900mhz iBook G3, 640MB, 40GB, airport card...LOOK | Networking »