New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Strange connectivity issue

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

spudd4242

spudd4242 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.0 C2D Black MacBook, Ram = 1gb, 120gb HDD

Hi All,

My MBP has been great since I received it. However, the other day, I lost the connection to my network and now I cannot re-connect. Other macs on the network are fine and I have tried everything I can think of. It seems as though it will not accept the password, for some reason. I have checked and re-checked the password and it is correct.

Any Ideas?
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

spudd, try this:

Go to Finder>Go>Connect To Server and then click on the icon to the right that has the clock face on it.

Then you'll see a drop down menu with Recent Servers. Select the appropriate server and click Connect.

Let me know how it goes.
QUOTE Thanks
hagios1972

hagios1972 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook black, Intel C2D 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 320GB WD Scorpio HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulse-8 View Post
spudd, try this:

Go to Finder>Go>Connect To Server and then click on the icon to the right that has the clock face on it.

Then you'll see a drop down menu with Recent Servers. Select the appropriate server and click Connect.

Let me know how it goes.
Hmmm, this is odd ... I can't find Go from my Finder (MacBook black). There is Services but no Connect to Server option.
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

This is what you should see:
QUOTE Thanks
spudd4242

I can follow the directions you mentioned, but there are no previous or in fact any servers listed. I Have tried starting from scratch, but it says my password is invalid, even though it is working on other macs on the network
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

What if the problem was a user corrupted pref file? I looked into my user account and found two pref files that could be the cause. I don't count the internetconfig.plist file as that probably contains some data from the setup...

But what about com.apple.internetconnect.plist and com.apple.internetpref.plist? Could anyone confirm that putting these in the trash wouldn't mess up something in a user's profile?
QUOTE Thanks
spudd4242

Well, I am about as frustrated now as i think I can get. This is driving me nuts. Is there something that would stop the mac from recognizing the password?
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

So spudd the other macs can see the problem mac's mounted share on the network, is that correct?
QUOTE Thanks
spudd4242

Okay, well I got it fixed, but not the way I wanted to. Ultimately, I had to go into the modem setup and deny access to ALL clients and then individually add the mac address for each computer, including a pc that is on the network. Thanks for the ideas and input, it is appreciated
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Workgroups | Airport to router problem »