New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Put a WEP protection Password on an Airport Express

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

iRye

iRye is just really niceiRye is just really niceiRye is just really niceiRye is just really nice
Mac Specs: PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac

Can I do this using my AirPort Admin program?I'd like to put a WEP key on my network, I think someone may be hacking in.

Thx in advance
QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mac's

In your router use WPA... WEP is nonsense, and beyond easy to hack.

To give you an idea of just how easy WEP is to crack... some countries who have laws against stealing encrypted wireless internet, do NOT consider breaking into a WEP encrypted network a crime.

Use WPA.
QUOTE Thanks
iRye

iRye is just really niceiRye is just really niceiRye is just really niceiRye is just really nice

Ok, can you tell me how to set that up?
QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mac's

Sure... Open your web browser and in the URL field enter the IP address to your Router. Usually 192.168.1.1... press enter... this will take you to your Routers config. page. Look for "settings" or "security"... set the encryption to WPA.
QUOTE Thanks
iRye

Nope, it's in the 10.x.x.x. And when I try to do that safari can't find it. remember it's an Airport Express Base station
QUOTE Thanks
Stretch

Stretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD

If you are using an Airport, use the Airport Admin Utility to change it.

Blog and Photo Gallery: http://philolin.me/

Currently running OS X 10.10
QUOTE Thanks
iRye

K, figured out how. Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac cannot open the websites | DCHP lease »