New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Error code -36 cannot connect to windows over router

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rpmgatech

rpmgatech is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 and a 15" MacBook Pro 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM

I have a wireless router with my Windows PC wired to it and my MBP connected wirelessly. About a month ago I transfered files between the two computers over the network no problem ... all I had to do was make a few changes on the Windows sharing side and it worked.

Well now I wanted to connect via smb in finder and I keep getting an Error Code -36, meaning I Windows is denying me for some reason or another. I have my Mac sharing set to allow Personal File Sharing and Windows Sharing. I have my Windows PC Shared Folder set to allow sharing. I even turned all the firewalls off.

I have also gone into my router config and allowed ports 137-139 because that is the ports that I was told were used by Samba.

Is there anything I may be overlooking in this process that will allow for connectivity??
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Ethernet Priority over Airport? | Mac cannot open the websites »