New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

BT Voyager 2000 Vs Airport

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

idgabay

I'm in need of some help. I have a BT VOYAGER Broadband Wireless Modem and an Apple Airport Card in my G3 ibook. I am running OS X Panther.
Two weeks ago my ibook saw the network in my falt no problem and could connect. My flatmate has since changed the WEP Key (??) and now the airport card can't even see a network (although it can see the TMobile network at Starbucks so it must be OK). I can;t see where I input WEP keys on my apple or what has happened to VOyager to exclude my laptop. The other PC users in the flat have no proble connecting wirelessly.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dan
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

I wish I can help you, but I don't have a wireless network yet.

I am bumping, so hopefully someone, that does can help you.
QUOTE Thanks
GLJones

GLJones is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 1.6 ghz G5, Dual Monitors / 17" PowerBook 1.33 / 12" iBook

I bet he turned off the Broadcast SSID setting. This makes the access point invisable. You need to get the WEP key and the SSID. Go to the Airport icon in the top menubar and select Other. Type in the SSID in the Network name field and select the proper Password/WEP in the drop-down and type in the WEP key. This should do it.

Jerry
QUOTE Thanks
idgabay

Thanks for that. I can now see the network but when I try to type in the new WEP key it still won't connect. Any ideas?
QUOTE Thanks
Zenistar

Zenistar is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.16 MBP, 2GB, 7200 100GB disk | Dual 2Ghz G5, 1.5Gb RAM, 20" cinema | 15" 1.25 PB / 4Gb iPod Nano

Quote:
Originally Posted by idgabay
Thanks for that. I can now see the network but when I try to type in the new WEP key it still won't connect. Any ideas?
I had a similar problem last week, in the end I turned off wep and made the network visible. Got the powerbook connected then turned it back on again.
QUOTE Thanks
idgabay

Do you mean turn off WEP on the router? How do I then connect? Then when WEP is switched back on where do I put the new WEP key?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac unable to see network drives | Unable to delete folders off of a Network Drive. »