New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Is 802.11n comming to Airport?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

DavisCollins

DavisCollins has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: MacBook - White - 2.0GHz C2D - 2GB RAM - 120GB HD

I have a new MacBook Core 2 Duo, and as you know Apple snuck a Draft 802.11n Airport card into this model. I am interested in buying an Airport Extreme Base Station, to replace my old Dell Router, but am worried that at MacWorld '07 they will introduce a new Base Station. Should I take the plunge and go ahead and buy the current one, and if their is an update can I exchange it? Or should I wait and see what is to come at MacWorld.
Opinions are greatly accpeted. Thanks in advance.

:mac:
DavisCollins
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

There's no telling what Apple will do at this point. I'd just wait it out until after Macworld just to be safe. There have been reports of constraints in the Airport supply which often means an update, but it can also be nothing at all.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
DavisCollins

any other opinions
QUOTE Thanks
Netty4mac

Netty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Macky the Macbook Pro 2.3Ghz i5 4GB Ram, Mr.Pink 16GB White iPhone 4

I'd say wait. Macworld is less than 2 weeks away. It won't hurt if you wait a bit. If they don't come out with anything new then I'd say go ahead and buy the current model

QUOTE Thanks
imacmatt09

imacmatt09 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram

maybe.
QUOTE Thanks
Slokunshialgo

Slokunshialgo will become famous soon enough

If you already have something that does the job just fine, then I'd say wait. if they come out with something new, then you haven't missed a chance, and if they don't, what did you lose in the meantime?

PC: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66 GHz, 2 GM RAM, Total 750 GB HDD, Windows Vista Business (For gaming), Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron (64-bit), Slackware 12 (For GTK# coding)
Mac: 1.66GHz, 1GB RAM, 60GB HDD, Mini
QUOTE Thanks
DavisCollins

well the dell router i have right now wont let me print from my windows desktop computer. but i guess i will wait. and pluss if they release leopard and ilife 07 at macworld then i wont have enough money to buy those if i buy the router. i guess ill wait.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« HELP- Internet Sharing Off | Airport Extreme Prob for 1.25 G4 »