Cannot Connect to Network on Startup
    Until a couple of days ago, I have had no problems connecting to my wireless network with my Mac mini. However, as of Monday (I'm pretty sure it was then) I've been having some problems.

Whenever I turn on my Mac, AirPort is not connected to anything. Its little symbol next to the clock (I can't remember offhand what that area is called) is greyed out, and when I tell it to connect to my network, it shows up with good reception, but still no connection. I have to run the Network Setup Assistant every time, make a new location, and then it'll work.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to change this? It's probably being caused by my changing a setting somewhere, but I don't know what.
    PC: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66 GHz, 2 GM RAM, Total 750 GB HDD, Windows Vista Business (For gaming), Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron (64-bit), Slackware 12 (For GTK# coding)
    Mac: 1.66GHz, 1GB RAM, 60GB HDD, Mini

MacBook Pro Core Duo, 15" 2Ghz, 2GB RAM
    My initial guess would be to check the 'Preferred networks' setting in the Network Settings (System Preferences|Network|Airport).

1. Check the setting under 'By default join:' to read 'Preferred networks' (as opposed to 'Automatic').
    2. Remove all entries in the box below (if there are any)
    3. Add your wireless connection using the plus button

That should encourage your Mac to join your wireless network when it boots up, as opposed to searching for just any wireless network to join.

Good luck,

Thread Information