Specs:
    imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
    Unhappy Trying to connect Bluetooth Printer
    Help! Just unpacked my new imac and I'm trying to add Canon MP460 printer with bluetooth. I plugged in a Kensington bluetooth usb adpater 2.0 into the computers usb port. I've already loaded the CD but...
    The utility set up WILL NOT show me any printers to select. Nada! Mac doesn't have many options, just need to somehow get this printer to come up in the the utilities. The salesperson just says to plug it in and follow instructions. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
    Thanks very much.

Specs:
    iBook
    is this printer a bluetooth printer? i didn't think it was.

Specs:
    imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
    Good question...The salesman said it was bluetooth and sold me the usb adapter. But one never knows. I'll check with the printers tech support tomorrow. I don't see a reference to bluetooth in the specs though. But it does have a page about performing Bluetooth communication for printing photos from a bluetooth mobile phone using the bluetooth unit BU-20 and to refer to the bluetooth user's guide (which didn't come with). Those instructions say to plug the bluetooth unit into the direct print port (the "store" showed me to use the usb port on the "computer." This is very confusing to say the least.

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 2 GB Ram,Mac Pro Dual 2.66,10 GB Ram Feeding into a 30" LCD
    Ok question could you plug the bluetooth usb adapter into the printer's usb? Is that possible that it could work that way? I don't know but that would be nice wouldn't it?
    What is the distance between here and now anyway?:mac:

Don't forget to use the User Reputation System

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 2 GB Ram,Mac Pro Dual 2.66,10 GB Ram Feeding into a 30" LCD
    Answered My Own Question!
    I think I answered my own question. Hp is making them now here's a pic from there website. I'm going to compusa to get a bluetooth adapter and try it.

What is the distance between here and now anyway?:mac:

Don't forget to use the User Reputation System

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Sorry to revive this old thread, but I've been looking for answers and this is the first thread I've found that looked remotely relevant.

Carol: I believe the answer to your question is that while your Canon printer is bluetooth capable, you must purchase the optional Canon BU-20 bluetooth adapter for the printer and then a bluetooth adapter for your computer. What I'm not sure about is whether the scanning functionality will be available through bluetooth.

I have a Canon PIXMA MP500 multifunction printer. Since I moved into my new house and my office is configured differently, I've been wanting to relocate my printer to a different area of the same room, but there's no way to run a USB cable to it. I'm thinking about springing for both an adapter for my desktop PC and the one for the printer. I'll let you know how (or if) it works out.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    Back when I got my iMac and new printer, I just didn't know anything about how to connect the BT.

However, as usual, it was very easy. I was trying to plug the BT adaptor into the computer when it should have been plugged into my printer! When I did that, it just worked. Of course, I had to find my printer from a list, etc. But after that it has worked flawlessly ever since. I totally love wireless!

I don't think you'll have any problems.
    "We have enough youth, what we need is a fountain of smart"! - Unknown

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by Carol247 View Post
    Back when I got my iMac and new printer, I just didn't know anything about how to connect the BT.

However, as usual, it was very easy. I was trying to plug the BT adaptor into the computer when it should have been plugged into my printer! When I did that, it just worked. Of course, I had to find my printer from a list, etc. But after that it has worked flawlessly ever since. I totally love wireless!

I don't think you'll have any problems.
    Thanks Carol for your feedback - are you also able to use the scanning features over bluetooth? That's been the main sticking point for me, I've read a number of comments from people that couldn't - although nothing specific to the MP500 (my printer). I would imagine yours is very similar to mine.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Thread Information