New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Linksys 192.168.1.1 Problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Andy_M

Andy_M has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15.4" MBP Sep 09, 2.66Ghz C2D, 4Gb Ram, 320Gb HDD 7200rpm, 10.6.x / iPod Touch 8Gb

Ive searched the forums and cant find a solution.

Im trying to connect to my Router via wireless.. now it works fine. however trying to access it via http://192.168.1.1 wont work and says auth failed.. without even promting a login

What is solution to connecting to the router from Safari?
At the moment im accessing this via my Windows XP system which i dont like using (this is connected directly into the ethernet)
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Which Linksys model is it? I have 2 WR54g's and can log into the router fine with my ibook using safari.
QUOTE Thanks
Andy_M

Mac Specs: 15.4" MBP Sep 09, 2.66Ghz C2D, 4Gb Ram, 320Gb HDD 7200rpm, 10.6.x / iPod Touch 8Gb

Wag354g
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

have you tried clearing your cache?

also might not make a difference, but try connecting with an ethernet cable rather than wireless?
QUOTE Thanks
Andy_M

cant connect with ethernet as its downstairs and my imac is located in my room, to far.

cache clearing done and still no go.
error 401 unauthed
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

do you have another computer available to try to connect with?
QUOTE Thanks
Andy_M

yes my windows xp system which its connected to via ethernet, it works fine and promts login which when i input works fine...
QUOTE Thanks
eric

real rudimentary question... but have you rebooted?

also, can you try firefox (do you have it loaded)?
QUOTE Thanks
Andy_M

i think your missing the point.
Its never worked on this imac lol. and i dont want to use another browser.. because if its that picky il just go downstairs lol
QUOTE Thanks
eric

sorry, thought it was a matter of just gettng connected from the mac, period.

not sure why safari would be doing that. i've got a wrt54g and safari connects just fine. maybe it's signal strength?
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

on my ibook in Safari 2.0.4 under Tiger 10.4.8. Can log into both my Linksys WR54g as I type this. Both give me the login prompt and let me log in. Interesting the XP machine lets you in but you have that Hard Wired to the router. It's too bad you can't try the Mac Wired to the router and see if the problem still exists. Might be some setting connected with the Wireless but I have never had that issue before here with any system I have tried.

Wish I could offer more help but this is a strange one. Going to do some checking on that Linksys you have. Will get back to you if I find anything.
QUOTE Thanks
LWC

LWC will become famous soon enough

If your Linksys Router is like my WRT54GS then make sure that you have the wireless access web box checked in the administration preferences - see below.

QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

Bingo, I bet that is it. Just got off their site and have the manual to his router. BRB. Log in with the Wired system and go to the Administration Tab. Then Be sure the Wlan is on. That should do it for you.
Here is a quote from the manual.

WLAN
• Management via WLAN. This feature allows the Gateway to be managed by a wireless computer on the local
network when it logs into the Gateway’s Web-based Utility.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« help with airport express please??? | Imac G3 Wireless Plz Help »