New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Wireless Networking OSX to PC

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

billious

Hi All,

I am trying to configure my mac to operate as a server for both my Mac and PC environment via wireless.

How could I configure my mac or my PC to function as a server for my data files via a direct wireless connection, without the need for a hub or router? Is there software that will allow me to do this such as PC Maclan or could I just do it directly without the need for any 3rd party applications?

I would also like to have my windows machine operate as a print server as well, where I could print from my mac, through the PC to the printer.

If anyone could offer advice or suggestion I'd appreciate any advice or direction.

Thanks.

B.
QUOTE Thanks
IronMac

IronMac is a jewel in the roughIronMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mini C2D 2Ghz 8GB RAM, MB C2D 2.2Ghz, MBP CD 2Ghz, 1TB TC, 2 APX, iPhone 4, ATV2, 23in ACD x2

Use the Airport menu to create a network. Or check out the Internet tab in the Sharing Preferences.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Wireless Connection Problems | iChat AV and Window XP AIM Webcam »