New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Ip address

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

tiger2

tiger2 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: powermacG5 2.3ghz 2gig ram running logicpro7

Hi

i have 2 mac and one pc on a network the powermac is connected via a wire to a belkin router. the macbookpro and the windows pc as wireless.

i have xbox live connected via the windows pc and i keep getting an ip address error on xbox live.

what i am thinking is that my ip address arent always the same and i need to set them up to be the same.

-------------------------------------
powermac G5 2.3Ghz 2 gig ram
20" apple monitor
macbookpro 2.16 100gigHd@ 7200rpm 2gig ram
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger2
Hi

i have 2 mac and one pc on a network the powermac is connected via a wire to a belkin router. the macbookpro and the windows pc as wireless.

i have xbox live connected via the windows pc and i keep getting an ip address error on xbox live.

what i am thinking is that my ip address arent always the same and i need to set them up to be the same.
IP addresses are always re-allocated so you just set it up to a certain range....

I had this prob with my network IP addresses changing on my iMac/PC so in Zone Alarm on my PC I just entered a range of 20. This way any changes won't interfere.

Hope this helps you. I don't really know if the above is relevant for an XBox...
QUOTE Thanks
tiger2

well when i xbox live was working my ip address on the windows pc was .3 at the end of the address i now see my macbook has that and the windows pc is now .4 so am thinking the xbox no longer works cos of the changed ip address

20" apple monitor
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger2
well when i xbox live was working my ip address on the windows pc was .3 at the end of the address i now see my macbook has that and the windows pc is now .4 so am thinking the xbox no longer works cos of the changed ip address
Do you have Zone Alarm or similar on your PC?
QUOTE Thanks
tiger2

no nothing just have avg free version

cant be that as last week i had it all working, this is why am thinking its an ip thing as that is all that has changed on the network.

when running the diagnostics in xbox live it fails on the ip address

20" apple monitor
QUOTE Thanks
webbywebber

webbywebber will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2.0ghz White MacBook, 1gb RAM, superdrive, 22in trinitron external monitor, 60gb internal, 300gb ext

could the router be blocking any more ip adresses? try logging on to it (192.168.1.1) and poking around any ip blocking option

DEATH TO BIKE THIEVES
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac creating "." files on windows share | Printing with Airport Express »