Exclamation MAC to PC networking HELP!!!
    Righto, i want to be able to connect my pc and mac to a wired network. first off, is this even possible? My pc is running win 98 se. the mac, OS X 10.4.8 i have no idea how to network need some help!

Specs:
    MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
    Yes, it is possible to connect them using a wired network. Link

ahh.. its sooo confusing... can anyone wise in the network department lay out a step by step process? PLZZ!!! btw, i tried using my mac as a ftp server, and tried connect via the windows comp web browser. says it failed to connect to the server. the pc has no internet service. does it need one? (another thing im trying to get out of this network experience)

Specs:
    24" iMac, 2.33GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250GB HD
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojack
    ahh.. its sooo confusing... can anyone wise in the network department lay out a step by step process? PLZZ!!! btw, i tried using my mac as a ftp server, and tried connect via the windows comp web browser. says it failed to connect to the server. the pc has no internet service. does it need one? (another thing im trying to get out of this network experience)
    Follow the setup guide for your router and make sure that the router automatically assigns IP addresses. Look for a setting that says to the effect "Use Router as DHCP Server". From here you can configure the Mac and PC to obtain the IP address automatically. It's a quick step by step.

Omegablues
    Networking Mac to PC
    it's really not as hard as everyone would make you believe. :dive: You can share your PC files and printers fairly easily. Sharing Mac to PC is a little more difficult. neye: But, can be done. I network 15 or so mixed platforms. You will need to upgrade that old 98se version to W2K or XP (Pro preferrably). I wouldn't waste your time with 98 anything. Then turn on NetBIOS in your TCP/IP properties of your network adapter. This will broadcast your shares. Now go to your windows box and share whatever you want and the Mac will see it. :cool:

Thread Information