Thread: Airport uses..

Airport uses..
    Question about the airport express. can it be configured to recieve internet signal and send it to a desktop? Acting like a wireless card. my modem recently went caput.. and my pc isnt wireless, we currently use a random wireless provider.. one that doesnt have securtiy enabled. in any case, why buy another piece of electronics if they one you have can perform the same function.. thanks

Right well, i kinda scrapped that idea and opted for sharing internet. only, it doesn seem to be working. my mac is set to use airport (as its wireless) and the pc is across the room connected via ethernet cable. it still doesnt pick up the signal. is there something i have to do on the pc side?

I have the same settup, and I have to say its a real pain. The mac will allways work fine, however the PC does not like this.
    To get rid of your troubles, buy a wireless PCI card or USB dongle for your PC. The PC doesnt like having wireless and wired computers at the same time.
    Anywhoo, I think you need to run network settup wizard, or something like that and pick your network type under "other". If that doesnt work, try restarting everything (Both computers, but most importantly the airport and modem).

Obviously I really don't know what I am talking about when it comes to networking, but I hope its a little bit of help.

Thread Information