New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

installing airport extreme card help, and compatibility

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

theBishopp

Hi peeps,

i'm new, so hello to all.

right, i need help! (yeah, that kind too ) i am about to order an airport extreme card for a lady friend, but she is in wales and i am in kent *sigh*

basically, she will be installing it herself, and it needs to be reeeeeeeally simple. i gather it is undoing a couple of screws, then slotting the card in. i could do it if i was in wales, but that will be a few months unfortunately.

so, are the instructions that come with the card good and easy to follow, for a total newbie, or is a small amount of technical skill needed?

also, how compatible is the card with BT broadband, using the BT hub? i understand it should be fine as an 802.11g netwrok, but i am a pc bod myself, only having been introduced to macs very recently by the lovely lady in question

they are pretty cool aren't they?

thanks for any and all advice in advance

Bish
QUOTE Thanks
Tigermac

:doctor: The instructions for fitting an airport card are very explicit and it a simple operation.
Make sure the emac is disconnected from the mains and placed on a non static surface.
Once the case is removed she will see where the card goes on the motherboard. The built in arial needs to be plugged into the card & the card just pushed into place. It will only fit one way.
Refit the case, plug in & boot up. Click the Blue Apple (top left) and select 'About this Mac'. Click more info>Network>Airport Card. If it's fitted correctly and working it will be displayed. :headphone
Alternatively, find an excuse to pop down to Wales. I'm sure she's 'worth it'!
As for compatability, I've no idea but see no reason why not.
Col :mac:
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« G4 and airport question | Optical to Analogue Stereo (optical to stereo RCA connection) »