New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Networking Predicament (Wired and Wireless Networks)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

I will try to make this is clear as possible. Here is my setup currently (Minus a whole bunch of things connected to both routers that I am not worried about.

Code:
Cable Modem -> Linksys Wired Router -> iMac
				    -> Linksys Wireless Router -> MacBook
What I am trying to figure out is how to share files between my iMac and MacBook which are connected to different routers.

I can't get the iMac hooked up to the Wireless router or MacBook to the Wired so basically I need to figure out how to connect to another part of my network

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

I am slightly confused by your diagram, is the wireless router connected to the wired router or is it stand alone?

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold

The wireless router is connected to one of the ports in the Wired router.

The wired has an ip of 192.168.2.1 and the wireless is 192.168.1.1 so they don't conflict with each other (this is how linksys says you need to set them up so that they can both function on the same network)

QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

Solved my issue.

Had to remove the cable going into the internet port on the wireless router, connect that to one of the standard ports. Disable the wireless router as a DHCP server and make sure it is not set up as a gateway

QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Well then, I suppose sometimes it's enough just to write it all down
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Files created on windows server cannot be seen on MAC | FireWire TCP/IP »