New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

WiFi Security Issue (from Yahoo article)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

TDRock

TDRock is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini 2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo & Powerbook G4 12" G4 1.5 also iPod Touch 32

Does anyone know what exactly they're talking about in this article? http://news.yahoo.com/s/nf/20060803/tc_nf/45115 Or if this was discussed somewhere please direct me. I'd like to take preventative measures but they're so hush hush as to not tip off hackers, a wireless n00b like me doesn't know what they're talking about.

Thanks!
- Tania :black:
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

The best ways to avoid any issues with wireless are fairly easy:

1 - Enable WPA2
2 - Use MAC adressing
3 - Turn your SSID off

Way to many people leave their wirless networks open and have no idea what they are exposing themselves to.

These folks specifically mentione OSX as a scare tactic. They admitted that the same issues are present with Windows but did not tell you how much more precvelent it is with Windows, as well as Windows OS faults that make it easier.

QUOTE Thanks
mraya

mraya is a jewel in the roughmraya is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB

http://macdailynews.com/index.php/we...omments/10392/

I believe this article can give you extra information about why they did that.

[is pointless to click here]
QUOTE Thanks
TDRock

TDRock is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini 2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo & Powerbook G4 12" G4 1.5 also iPod Touch 32

Thanks mucho!

- tania :black:
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« is my usb adapter compatible with mac? | Mac to PC networking »