zvandyke
    Exclamation PLEASE PLEASE HELP - I'm going to throw my airport extreme in the street
    OK. I posted earlier this week. Here is the deal.

I bought an airport extreme and have tried to set up a wireless network at my house.

I already had wireless through an airport express - it was hooked up to my cable internet.

I was able to get online using my powerbook easily with no problems.

Then I bought an airport extreme and reset the airport express.

I connected my airport express to my imac that did not have an airport card, so the imac could also get online.

My laptop has been able to connect a few times to the Internet, but usually only after I reset the airport extreme. Only once has the IMAC connected successfully.

I also recently order the TIVO wireless adapter. I do not have a home phone line, so my tivo needs to be able to connect wirelessly.

Can anyone help!!!! neye:

menace3054
    make sure the airport extreme has the latest firmware downloaded to it

http://www.apple.com/support/downloa...formacosx.html

that could cause problems since your computers have the latest airport drivers and your airport could have out dated ones.

menace3054
    btw i couldnt stop laughing, i could actually picture someone chucking an airport extreme into the street lol

zvandyke
    Still can't get my imac to work which is directly connected to the airport express.

menace3054
    Quote Originally Posted by zvandyke
    Still can't get my imac to work which is directly connected to the airport express.

go to system prefs, network --> is the light for airport or ethernet yellow? it might say self assigned ip address, try resetting the dsl modem/cable modem

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OS10.12, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OS10.12 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    You are using the Airport Express as a Wireless Bridge I take it. I suspect it might be a setting in the Airport Express and not the Extreme or like Menace said, check your Network settings on the iMac. See if the Express is giving it an IP Address other than the default 169. address.

Thread Information