New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Airport Range Question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Mac G6

Mac G6 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Gigabit, 1.5 Ghz (upgrade), 896 Mb Ram, 10.4.7 ;PowerMac G3 300 Mhz; iMac DV+ 450 Mhz

I have an airport graphite and a d-link di-624 and I was wondering if I could tell the airport to take any computer signal that is connected to it and re-transmit it to the d-link. The d-link is the device that is connected to the DSL modem. I could also connect the airport to the modem and have the d-link re-transmit the signal that is too far away.
Sorry that this is kinda confusing. If you need more info, just ask.

I sure like being inside this fancy computer.
QUOTE Thanks
macAttack

macAttack is a jewel in the roughmacAttack is a jewel in the roughmacAttack is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iBook

I know the feature to join a wireless network and extend the range is in the airport extreme, however i jut went into my wireless features for my apple dual ethernet router and i could not find this feature. Can the linksys expand the system? could u switch the routers?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac on Windows | Wireless Access: Windows XP Much Easier »