New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Is there such a thing as...?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

maussimo010

A pc card network adapter that works flawlessly with my powerbook aluminum G4 with the NON-removable airport card? (the one where it doesn't come out under the battery)

I REALLY want a card that puts out more than Airport's 30 mW, and i have to have one with an external antenna jack for use with a cantenna or any other form of antenna I want to use...

It seems like nothing works with my model specifically due to the fact that i cant physically remove my card...

Is anyone else here in my same predicament? if so, what cards are you using, and what results are you geting?

thanks,

Scott
QUOTE Thanks
IronMac

IronMac is a jewel in the roughIronMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mini C2D 2Ghz 8GB RAM, MB C2D 2.2Ghz, MBP CD 2Ghz, 1TB TC, 2 APX, iPhone 4, ATV2, 23in ACD x2

Be nice if we knew what model Powerbook you have. Aside from that there are companies that make external anntenae for powerbooks. try google.
QUOTE Thanks
maussimo010

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMac
Be nice if we knew what model Powerbook you have. Aside from that there are companies that make external anntenae for powerbooks. try google.

I have done extensive research, or so I thought, about what card to get. It seems from what I have gathered that since i cannot remove my factory Airport Extreme card from the laptop (my powerbook is the one where you can't remove it from under the battery door). Supposedly, none of the cards like to work since I can't remove my airport card, I guess there is a conflict even though the airport is turned off.

Powerbook model G4: 15" Aluminum 1.67Ghz, 1GB memory, superdrive, bluetooth, backlit keys, 10.4.6...model A1138

I know there is a few cards out there, but I am trying to find out if anyone is using a 'cantenna' be it a purchased one or a home-made one, and which card they are using to do so, since cantennas require an external antenna jack on the network adapter card.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« SMB problems with Airport bridge | Connecting Windows with Mac »