Specs:
    17" iMac G5
    More Network Printer Problems
    I too am having printer problems. I searched this forum, but did not find anything quite like my situation. This is long so I thank you up front for sticking with it.

Mac to Mac with an Airport Extreme Base Station (APEBS) involved. APEBS is working, I can surf wirelessly from the iBook, and via the iMac.

My first set up was an HP PhotoSmart and an iMac G5. The iMac has bluetooth capability so instead of connecting my Printer to the iMac with a USB, I purchased a small Bluetooth Adaptor and plugged that into a USB port in the printer. Bam, wireless printing from my desk top.

Now, I have an iBook G4 and the APEBS. I want my printer to be connected to the APEBS via USB and be able to print from my iMac, or wireless from anywhere in the house from the iBook.

So I delete the Printer from BlueTooth Preferences and remove all of the HP Printer Software. Reinstall HP Printer Software with Printer hooked up to APEBS via USB. Error, iMac can't find the Printer. So I try hooking the printer up via USB directly to the Mac, not through the APEBS. Still, the printer set up program (HP) does not find the printer.

HELP! I currently can't print at all, let alone wirelessly.

Thanks again - Jeremy
    Oh, and, aahh, I'm going to have to go ahead and ask you to come in on Sunday, too...yeah

Specs:
    Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
    Try Bonjour vs USB. If you plug the printer into the APEBS use the iBook to configure it with Airport Admin Utility (AAU).

Specs:
    2.8Ghz MBP, 4GB RAM, 320 GB 7200RPM HD
    Another thing you will want to do is assign your printer a static IP address and ensure that same IP address is assigned in printer preferences. This is how I have my printer set up (although I am using a wireless print server).

Specs:
    17" iMac G5
    Quote Originally Posted by Erudite.Warrior
    Another thing you will want to do is assign your printer a static IP address and ensure that same IP address is assigned in printer preferences. This is how I have my printer set up (although I am using a wireless print server).
    Thanks for the advice. The problem is, I don't know how to assign my printer a static ip address. In what application do I do this, and how?

Thanks again...
    Oh, and, aahh, I'm going to have to go ahead and ask you to come in on Sunday, too...yeah

Specs:
    3.4 Ghz i7 27 in iMac (2012), 3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone 6+
    You may just need to point your mac (via the printer prefs pane) to the driver. I had the same problem but once I found the right driver (in the HP folder) it worked.

Thread Information