New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Step by Step PC to Mac Networking...!! HELP

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

aitebar

hi.

Is there any way that i can share my Pc and Mac thru d-link router? if yes then is there anyway that u can tell me a step by step method how to do it... i will really appreciate ur help.

plz tell me a step by step method for both pc and mac. i am kinda new to this sharing thing.

Thanks in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
PunkRockTuba

PunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone

Try this:

http://www.ifelix.co.uk/tech/3001.html

It worked for me, once, and its worked for a few other people. It says its for networking os 10.3 but it works on Tiger just fine.
QUOTE Thanks
VanillaEps

VanillaEps will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkRockTuba
Try this:

http://www.ifelix.co.uk/tech/3001.html

It worked for me, once, and its worked for a few other people. It says its for networking os 10.3 but it works on Tiger just fine.
Another vote for that site. Worked for me without a hitch.
QUOTE Thanks
christm

christm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1

i have a dlink 504t connected to my airport extreme. my pc and mac laptop are on the wireless. can i use that method to share my files from both computers?

thanks

chris tm
QUOTE Thanks
Beemer

Beemer will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Intel 20" Mac

I follow the guide but when connecting to the server of the PC I get an error saying the bame or password is not correct.

How can I get this working?

Both computrs have the same name (shortcut) and same password.
QUOTE Thanks
christm

christm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the rough

any one?
QUOTE Thanks
PunkRockTuba

PunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nice

Christm im sure you can connect them both, but I dont know because I havent tried it. That tutorial doesnt take to long so I say go for it, you have nothing to lose.

Beemer when I connected to my pc, when it asked for the username and password I just hit enter, I didnt type anything. So you might try that, if it doesnt work then I dont know what to do.
QUOTE Thanks
Beemer

Beemer will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Intel 20" Mac

It never asks for a password or username. When I click on Go then ttype in smb://192.168.0.8 (with my ip of course) it says connecting then something about username and password do not match. I dont get a window to enter in the stuff.
QUOTE Thanks
PunkRockTuba

Oh, im not sure what to do then, ive only gotten this tutorial to work once. I would try somethings and see if I can help, but my pc is down and out right now. Hopefully somebody else will see this and might be able to think of something to do. Sorry I cant be of much help.
QUOTE Thanks
christm

thankyou
i will try it some time
QUOTE Thanks
VanillaEps

VanillaEps will become famous soon enough

The only problems I've had is printing off my MBP on a printer attached to a PC. Tried countless times and have not had any luck.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Connecting to different Windows domain? | WEP Password issue!!! »