New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Linksys wireless card to airport express no funcionar

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

wenseleydale

hi everyone,
so i'm new to this site and i have a PC to mac question for everyone. so i've kept a PC laptop because i need it to keep in touch with my girlfriend overseas via MSN messenger (video). it's been connected to the internet via ethernet card and i just recently got a linksys wireless-b card for it so i could be with one less wire running around my place.

so the problem is that i can't connect to the internet via my PC. it connects to my airport express but it can't find the internet. the IP address is fine at 10.0.1.14, subnet mask is set at 255.255.255.0 and the default gateway is 10.0.1.1. is there something i'm missing? i know that when i compare the numbers with my PC versus my powerbook the numbers are the same.

is it beceause it's a wireless-B card? can those not connect with the internet through airport express for whatever reason? i don't see why not. but my powerbook connects with the airport just fine so i know it's not a hardware problem. please help me! thanks
wesley
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« macmini 1.5 Solo & Linksys WAG354G Router | airport/router old mac setup help! »