New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Best Browser

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

surfwax95

surfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" Powerbook G4 24" iMac iPhone 3Gs

Fiery, your sig is too big. It's probably about to be replaced with something else...

I try to Command+Shift+/ when I can.
They're - Their - There | Two - Too - To | You're - Your | MAC - Mac
I was on the M-F honor roll for October, 2006.
QUOTE Thanks
digg

digg is on a distinguished road

Here
is a list of most of the browsers for Mac
Personally I just keep on coming back to Safari, I liked Firefox on Windows but on Mac I absoloutley hate it!
Maybe with Safari, the next version, there will be a tab browsing option!
Anyway I vote for Safari!
QUOTE Thanks
airline1

Quote:
Originally Posted by digg
Here
is a list of most of the browsers for Mac
Personally I just keep on coming back to Safari, I liked Firefox on Windows but on Mac I absoloutley hate it!
Maybe with Safari, the next version, there will be a tab browsing option!
Anyway I vote for Safari!
There is a Tabbed browsing option in the preferences pane of Safari.
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

I use Safari about 60% of the time (can't beat that spell check on the forums ) and Camino the rest...
QUOTE Thanks
randomfactor

randomfactor is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 17" i7 Unibody, HK Speakers and a Wacom A5 Wide tablet

Just downloaded Camino as a longtime Safari. Its really quick at rendering pages than Safari but the appearance is a little lame. Are there any skins that people no of for Camino?

Man Fears Time but Time Fears the Pyramids
QUOTE Thanks
fludie

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomfactor
Just downloaded Camino as a longtime Safari. Its really quick at rendering pages than Safari but the appearance is a little lame. Are there any skins that people no of for Camino?
can u use tabs on safari
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fludie
can u use tabs on safari
Open Preferences and to go the Tabs Tab.
Attached Images
File Type: png Picture 1.png (139.0 KB, 8 views)
QUOTE Thanks
quicksilver

quicksilver will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP, 2.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, 1991 Powerbook 100, Gen 2 Nano, Gen 1 Touch

Seems strange that no one has mentioned OmniWeb. Has no one tried it? Probably because its not free?

I've been using it a while and think its generally good. Not many issues.

Oh...and only pretty girls use Macs...
QUOTE Thanks
digg

digg is on a distinguished road

I mainly use Safari although I also like the beta versions of Flock!
QUOTE Thanks
MacMania55

MacMania55 is a jewel in the roughMacMania55 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.16 ghz. 1 gb ram. 250 GB HDD. Screamer! 2gb ipod nano. 17 in powerbook G4 1.67/1 Gb/120gb

i always use Safari, unless im on a web page where it is not compatible. Like when building a bmw on bmwusa.com it never works in safari. I need to use firefox and i like it when i do use it

MacMania55
QUOTE Thanks
cnjohnson

Firefox was built for the OpenSource. Tiger runs over bsd, ergo I use firefox. Indeed, I run freebsd as my desktop...

Cheers--
Charles
QUOTE Thanks
bobisimo

I just "switched" a few days ago, so it's all new to me, but I'm using Firefox. I absolutely love Firefox (with extensions) and I can't see a reason not to use it. I played around with Safari very briefly (a few hours) and saw no reason to hate it, but I am very comfortable with Firefox and don't foresee a change in my behavior.

This might sound silly, but I was somewhat disappointed to find that there's no Internet Explorer available for Mac. I am not a fan of IE, but I need it to access the full capabilities of my company's webmail. It's also handy for a few other sites. I don't think any other web browser can handle those other websites' flaws "as well". At least, not that I have been able to figure in the last few days.
QUOTE Thanks
coltssaturday

coltssaturday is just really nicecoltssaturday is just really nicecoltssaturday is just really nicecoltssaturday is just really nice

I don't have a mac right now but if i had one (will get one soon) i would use safari and as i am on my pc right now i am using firefox.
QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

the best browser is the one you like the most after using all of the other browsers.

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks
coltssaturday

coltssaturday is just really nicecoltssaturday is just really nicecoltssaturday is just really nicecoltssaturday is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach_z
the best browser is the one you like the most after using all of the other browsers.
you are funny as ****. that was good
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Wireless network problem when switching between user accounts | MacBook Pro AirPort Extreme Issue »