New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

NetConnMacX, what is it

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jmedley

jmedley is on a distinguished road

Hello, I hope this is the correct place to post this question .... I am running Retrospect Version 10.5 on a 27" iMac OS 10.9.4 to backup several Macs and PCs on the LAN here. If you are familiar with Retrospect, you know it does appended backups. That is, it only backs up new files and old files that have been changed. On two of the iMacs I backup, both running OS 10.9.4, Retrospect backs up the entire hard drive every time it does a scheduled backup, instead of just backing up the new or changed files. The only difference I can find between these two Macs and the other I backup is this line in the log "NetConnMacX::Setup: version too old, 11.0.0.191". I'm not sure this is causing the problem but thought someone here might know what it is and can I update it. Folks at the Retrospect Forum haven't come up with anything. Thanks Much, Jim
QUOTE Thanks
jmedley

jmedley is on a distinguished road

FYI .. I removed Retrospect Client version 11.0.0 and installed Client version 10.2. That got rid of the message "NetConnMacX::Setup: version too old, 11.0.0.191" and it now seems to be appending instead of trying to backup the entire drive. Thanks
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« http://75.144.100.146/webcamera.html | HDD for backup »