New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Safari Hanging

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MarkWebb

MarkWebb is on a distinguished road

Occasionally Safari freezes and hangs on my Mac. Only way to resolve seems to be force restart?
When I restart software opens which wasn't open when I closed?
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Check under System Preferences Account and Login Items and uncheck the Apps you don't want to open on restart.
As to hanging Safari, how much Disk Space have you left on your HD. If you have fallen under 15% then you will start to see the SBOD (spinning ball of death) a lot more often as the OS needs disk space for its swap files and to run at its optimum. So if you are running low, BACKUP asap, then get rid of somethings to clean it up.

Other than that, download Oynx for your Version of OS (its important you get the one for your OS or it could do more damage than good) and then run all the scripts under Maintenance and then restart your Mac and se if that makes a difference. . . IF not, pop back in and we will go from there.
Next time in, list your Mac and what version OS you are running too. The more info the better chance we have of helping.

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
MarkWebb

Thank you. I checked disk space. Used = 549 GB and unused = 450GB
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWebb View Post
When I restart software opens which wasn't open when I closed?
Are you quitting apps or just closing the active window inside the app? Command+W just closes the window you are working in. Command+Q actually quits the app completely. I ask because when you restart, there is an option to have all previous windows, apps open back up and that may be why you see the apps opening again.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
MarkWebb

Thank you
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Airport Express, making no sense ... | Problems with Google Chrome »