New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

YAHOO MAIL AND PDFs?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ksplitt

ksplitt is on a distinguished road

i hope this is the right forum. i have Macbook with 10.6.8, firefox 26.0 and Open Office, and yahoo mail trying to send PDF attachment...will not work! have read and done all i can think of...nothing! what is the problem with yahoo? the PDF is 12 MB, not a big deal and won't send.

this is a story to The New Yorker magazine and very specific! thanks for all help.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Is there an error message when you try or they just do not get the PDF attachment? You using Yahoo Mail Web interface?

It could be a size issue although that does not seem that large.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

I agree with Dennis. It's probably Yahoo that's removing the PDF attachment. Not sure what Yahoo rules are with regard to attachments as I do not use them as ISP. You might try zipping it and see if it will go through that way.
QUOTE Thanks
ksplitt

error message is....something like can't send. i do send pix to friends as attachments, but PDF no work. just won't send. using yahoo mail web interface. if i screw around i will not know if TNY even gets my story.

no one is happy with yahoo the last year OR FIREFOX! what can i do better on both fronts? and not google!!! thanks to you both.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

I was going to suggest Google Mail as I have never had issues with it and Attachments even some pretty decent size.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksplitt View Post
and not google!!!
Any particular reason why? Their email service is fantastic, generous and well supported. Chrome is a great browser as well.

Yahoo has a limit of 25MB so you should be okay. Have you tried a different email service?

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
ksplitt

just read that google/chrome had problems. yeah and i'm having problems with yahoo, LOL! okay will try...should i do gmail or chrome? and thanks
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

You can use both. I use Gmail with Safari, Firefox, Chrome, Opera and with a POP email client and have never had one issue.

Quick Note, I joined Gmail when it was still beta. I have never had one issue and never regretted using it.
QUOTE Thanks
ksplitt

thanks...i'm gonna get Gmail and chrome and opera.
QUOTE Thanks
ksplitt

all of you on this forum have always been helpful, professional and kind without a sneering attitude and i and i am sure others appreciate it as well. thank you, kurt
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Setting up wifi hotspot in bootcamp | New Mac Pro networking query »