New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Cant connect to NAS on Mavericks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

TamPepper

TamPepper is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBookPro early 2012running Mavericks,MacMini Core i7 running Mavericks: iPhone 4s, iPad 3rd Gen

I have been connecting to my NAS since Mavericks came out and now, all off a sudden, I cannot get it to connect.
I use Cmd K and enter the ip address as smb://192.168.0.32/
After ages, it askes me to sign in and after entering admin as user and my password, it goes on forever trying to connect then finally fails. Any help appreciated
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS X.10

Things changed with Mavericks. See if this link helps:-

Connect to SMB & NAS Network Shares in OS X Mavericks

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks
TamPepper

Mac Specs: MacBookPro early 2012running Mavericks,MacMini Core i7 running Mavericks: iPhone 4s, iPad 3rd Gen

Thanks but none of this helped
I had already tried it

I was running Mavericks since it was released and never had a problem until today
QUOTE Thanks
MacsWork

MacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really nice
Mac Specs: Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3

Safe to say you power cycled the NAS?

Does the Web UI of the NAS offer any logging info? Can you disable SMB and re-enable it on the NAS?
QUOTE Thanks
TamPepper

Yes I had taken the power off for 30 Minutes or so
I cant sign in to see the logging info and I am not able to disable smb

I can log in on the Windows PC perfectly, so I know my user name and password are correct
I even did a full format and re installation of Mavericks but even that did not help
QUOTE Thanks
Exodist

Exodist is just really niceExodist is just really niceExodist is just really niceExodist is just really nice
Mac Specs: L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD, dual 23" LED Displays

By any chance did you change any of the NAS settings. Particularly the ones that allow what type of OS to login? Mine has the option to turn off windows or mac machines.. Ironicly is doesn't have the option to turn off Linux remote login, which is sorta silly. It runs on linux.. LOL

Also does your NAS have any special software used to help you setup your share drives? Mine uses software called NAS Navigator 2. Without it its a pain in the rear to login to on OSX..

NEW!! Exodist Photography Video Blog
***If someone helps you, please don't forget to use the reputation system.***
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« some webpages not displaying correctly | Need Email Service Which Can Merge Images with Text »