New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Current Socket Connections

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mort25

mort25 is on a distinguished road

Ive been having a problem with slow internet, I thought it was just my ISP so called their help line.

They asked me to check my current socket connections, I seem to have a lot of connections. They think this is whats slowing my internet!?

Could this be causing a problem?

How do I close these connections?

Thank you!
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Sorry, lots of questions but it really will help to narrow the problem and hopefully get you a solution.

1. Which Mac and version of OSX do you have?

2. How are you checking open sockets?

3. Do you connect wirelessly or with an ethernet cable?

4. How are you measuring your internet speed?

5. If you connect at a friends/family members/work/coffee shop etc do you get the same speed issues?

6. If you log into the guest user or create a new user do you get the same speed results?

7. Is the slow speed limited to browsing? or are downloads, updates etc affected?

8. Which browser do you use?

9. If you try different browsers are the results the same?

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New Transporter Purchased | Stolen imac »