Thread: Current Socket Connections
10-15-2013, 04:59 AM #1
Current Socket Connections
- Member Since
- Jan 27, 2008
Ive been having a problem with slow internet, I thought it was just my ISP so called their help line.
They asked me to check my current socket connections, I seem to have a lot of connections. They think this is whats slowing my internet!?
Could this be causing a problem?
How do I close these connections?
10-15-2013, 06:11 AM #2
- Member Since
- Oct 01, 2007
- 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.11, Mac Mini i5 (2014), iPhone7, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 9.7, AppleTV (4)
Sorry, lots of questions but it really will help to narrow the problem and hopefully get you a solution.
1. Which Mac and version of OSX do you have?
2. How are you checking open sockets?
3. Do you connect wirelessly or with an ethernet cable?
4. How are you measuring your internet speed?
5. If you connect at a friends/family members/work/coffee shop etc do you get the same speed issues?
6. If you log into the guest user or create a new user do you get the same speed results?
7. Is the slow speed limited to browsing? or are downloads, updates etc affected?
8. Which browser do you use?
9. If you try different browsers are the results the same?Not been around these parts for a while. Trying to change that . .
Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - bottom left of this post
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By thebigshot in forum Switcher HangoutReplies: 5Last Post: 04-01-2014, 08:16 AM
By HasanRazaKz in forum iOS DevelopmentReplies: 1Last Post: 05-04-2012, 05:51 PM
By logic_user99 in forum Apple NotebooksReplies: 2Last Post: 04-23-2007, 03:53 PM
By Marshmule in forum Apple DesktopsReplies: 1Last Post: 04-02-2006, 09:54 AM
By Kyomii in forum iPod Hardware and AccessoriesReplies: 2Last Post: 03-09-2005, 04:21 PM