Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NAT help.

NAT help.
    Hello,

Basically I use my android galaxy s3 for internet uses ,but I have been having a "NAT" problem with the tethering. I did a simple google search and this article came up on how to obtain an open nat: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1618279. In the thread he describes what to do to obtain an open nat on a windows laptop. I have an macbook and I really don't know a lot about networking on macs. So could someone explain how I would do these steps on a mac.

Thanks,
    Eric

Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.11, Mac Mini i5 (2014), iPhone6s, Apple Watch, iPad Air 2, New AppleTV (4?)
    What is the exact issue and situation you have?

The link you have provided is to open up NAT on an shared internet connection when connecting to an xbox. The source of the wireless connection doesn't really matter so this isn't going to help if you're having issues connecting to your tethered device. But that depends on exactly what you're trying to do and the errors you're getting
    Not been around these parts for a while. Trying to change that . .

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - bottom left of this post

I'm trying to get an open nat when connecting to xbox live. Right now many of my friends can't connect to my parties or play games with me. I'm trying to open it so they can.

Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.11, Mac Mini i5 (2014), iPhone6s, Apple Watch, iPad Air 2, New AppleTV (4?)
    Which version of OSX do you have?

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - bottom left of this post

Specs:
    You can use this to open NAT on your firewall settings

so I download this ,but does this change the network sharing settings?

Specs:
    It's not your sharing settings that are the issue. It's the ports that are open on the firewall.
    You're going to have to read up on the documentation supplied with the app but what you want to use it for is to select a particular connection (Ethernet or wifi - depending on which is constricting your connection) and open up The ports used by Xbox live (as per your link above)

Well I'm getting an IP address error every time I try to connect now. How would I fix this? Also is there a user manual for the program?

Thank You for the help

can anyone help?

Specs:
    Have you added the ports and port forwarding into the firewall using waterproof?

I don't know how to use it is there a user guide? I couldn't find one.

Specs:
    waterroof is just an 'easy' frontend to the OSX firewall. Perhaps, you could direct your specific questions to the developer. But either way you'd need to get you're hands dirty understanding firewalls and networks a bit better.

However, perhaps this page will help you. It's a bit dated but should still be current for resolving your issues

Well I followed all what he said until I got to the "NAT Woes and Port Forwarding" section I keep getting an IP address error how do I fix this? I made sure all the info was correct

Anyone have an Idea on what to do? I did a 3 google searches and couldn't find a lot on ip adress errors with androids.

Thread Information