WiFi/airport/connectivity issues
    So, I've been having major issues getting on and staying on the internet on my macbook pro (I bought it at the end of 2010). If I am lucky, I get about a two bar signal, it takes minutes for pages to load. I also get disconnected frequently, and when I try to reconnect, my network either doesn't show up/isn't recognized or prompts me to reenter the password and tells me the network has timed out. I initially thought it was an issue with my router or my distance away from it, but after doing some experiments, I've come to the conclusion that it is sadly my computer.

This has been going on for a few months now and shows no signs of getting better, and I can't deal with it anymore! If anyone has a solution for this (preferably described in the most basic way possible, as I am no internet whiz) I would greatly, GREATLY appreciate it!

I also have to force quit safari when I first launch it after turning on my mac before I can actually start loading any pages, but I have a feeling this is probably a separate issue.

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Does the problem occur when you're right next to the wireless router?

Do you have similar difficulty if you connect to it via an Ethernet cable?
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

I had tried that before without results, and also brought a second mac into my space, which maintained a strong connection. I just tried it again and it appeared that I was getting a strong signal and faster speed, so now I am not so sure.

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    There are many factors that can come into play when troubleshooting wireless performance issues - the biggest of which are environmental factors, like other sources of radio frequency emissions (cordless phones, baby monitors, microwave ovens, etc). Building construction and physical placement of the router are also important considerations. Finally, other conflicting wireless access point can create interference for your router as well.

This guide should help you better understand and troubleshoot this problem. Please let me know if you have further questions.

Thanks - Chris.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    MBP 13" (2013); 8 GB RAM; SSD 256 GB; OS 10.11.6
    Quote Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
    This guide should help you better understand and troubleshoot this problem. Please let me know if you have further questions.
    Thanks Chris for the link to your guide - quite useful & concise! Dave

Thread Information