Specs:
    Late 2012 Mac Mini i5, Mac OS X 10.11, iPhone 5s, 2008 MacBook, PowerMac G4, iMac G3
    This Website is SO SLOW....
    Has anyone else noticed that this forum, along with a large number of Mac information specific sites are extremely slow?

I can go anywhere in the world it seems and get great response time and load time on every site, until I have a Mac specific question or interest and go here, or MacRumors and a host of other Mac specific sites that come up in Google searches for things, I can wait forever and get no progress bar movement in Safari or a perpetual spinning "loading" thing on the tabs in Firefox... I usually have to resort to attempting to Re-Load the site 3 or 4 times before I get a successful load.

I have 40 Mbps internet service and consistently score 36 to 39+ on SpeedTest.net both wired and wireless...

Am I the only one?

Thanks!

Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.11, Mac Mini i5 (2014), iPhone6s, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 9.7, AppleTV (4)
    Not having any issues. Tried from iPad & iPhone over 3g, iMac on 10mb broadband at home and now on corporate network from XP at work.

No issues to report.

Do you get the same results in Chrome?
    What plugins/extensions do you have in Safari & Firefox?
    Not been around these parts for a while. Trying to change that . .

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - bottom left of this post

Specs:
    Late 2012 Mac Mini i5, Mac OS X 10.11, iPhone 5s, 2008 MacBook, PowerMac G4, iMac G3
    The only extensions I'm running are Flash, Java and QuicckTime...

It's quite frustrating. It also doesn't happen all the time, of course... I wanted to demonstrate the problem to my wife, and wouldn't you know, it works perfectly in all three browsers, but then I get the notification of a reply here to this thread and the link won't load in any of the browsers on the first through 3rd attempts, then on the 4th try, bam! there it is...

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    It's probably one of the ad services the sites are running. If you're not running an Ad blocker, like Ad Block Plus, I'd recommend getting one.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    I've installed Adblocker in Firefox and Chrome. I'll report my findings!

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by pinto79 View Post
    I've installed Adblocker in Firefox and Chrome. I'll report my findings!
    Good to hear you're not using Safari. Safari is horribly slow in general (at least for me).
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
    Good to hear you're not using Safari. Safari is horribly slow in general (at least for me).
    I actually really like Safari, except for the way it reloads a page when you go back to it. Really annoying when looking at things on eBay or browsing forums... Chrome does the same thing...

So it seems that I'm using Firefox again...

Thread Information