New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

This Website is SO SLOW....

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

pinto79

pinto79 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Late 2012 Mac Mini i5, Mac OS X 10.9.4, iPhone 5s, 2008 MacBook, PowerMac G4, iMac G3

Has anyone else noticed that this forum, along with a large number of Mac information specific sites are extremely slow?

I can go anywhere in the world it seems and get great response time and load time on every site, until I have a Mac specific question or interest and go here, or MacRumors and a host of other Mac specific sites that come up in Google searches for things, I can wait forever and get no progress bar movement in Safari or a perpetual spinning "loading" thing on the tabs in Firefox... I usually have to resort to attempting to Re-Load the site 3 or 4 times before I get a successful load.

I have 40 Mbps internet service and consistently score 36 to 39+ on SpeedTest.net both wired and wireless...

Am I the only one?

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Not having any issues. Tried from iPad & iPhone over 3g, iMac on 10mb broadband at home and now on corporate network from XP at work.

No issues to report.

Do you get the same results in Chrome?
What plugins/extensions do you have in Safari & Firefox?

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
pinto79

Mac Specs: Late 2012 Mac Mini i5, Mac OS X 10.9.4, iPhone 5s, 2008 MacBook, PowerMac G4, iMac G3

The only extensions I'm running are Flash, Java and QuicckTime...

It's quite frustrating. It also doesn't happen all the time, of course... I wanted to demonstrate the problem to my wife, and wouldn't you know, it works perfectly in all three browsers, but then I get the notification of a reply here to this thread and the link won't load in any of the browsers on the first through 3rd attempts, then on the 4th try, bam! there it is...
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

It's probably one of the ad services the sites are running. If you're not running an Ad blocker, like Ad Block Plus, I'd recommend getting one.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
pinto79

I've installed Adblocker in Firefox and Chrome. I'll report my findings!
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinto79 View Post
I've installed Adblocker in Firefox and Chrome. I'll report my findings!
Good to hear you're not using Safari. Safari is horribly slow in general (at least for me).

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
pinto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
Good to hear you're not using Safari. Safari is horribly slow in general (at least for me).
I actually really like Safari, except for the way it reloads a page when you go back to it. Really annoying when looking at things on eBay or browsing forums... Chrome does the same thing...

So it seems that I'm using Firefox again...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Airplay will not reconfigure | Connect MAC to windows VPN »