Angry Macbook Pro - internet suddenly stopped working.
    The wifi on all the other devices in the house works fine, except on my Macbook Pro.

I was browsing the internet this morning, clicking around on Facebook and the like when - poof! No more internet.

I have tried everything that google says to try. Airport shows a full signal. Turned everything off and on again repeatedly. Nothing will connect on my computer - no Skype, no Firefox, no Safari.

When I open Network Preferences, Airport is green and connected, and yet there is no internet to be had. Proxies are all unchecked. One solution said to check the box by "Automatic Proxy Config" - tried that, not only did it not work, it unchecks itself upon restart.

Tried "pinging" stuff through Network Utility, as one website suggested. Not sure what was supposed to happen when I did that, but it "seemed to ping fine", I suppose. No error messages or anything like that.

Anyways, I want to puke because of how frustrated I am. Please help!

Victoria, BC
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    First thing to do is take the machine to a coffeehouse or someplace with free Wi-Fi and test it there for a while. Same problem?

If so, take it home and connect it directly through Ethernet. Same problem?

If the answer to both is "yes" then something is wrong with the MBP. If the answer is no in either case, then something is likely wrong with your wireless setup (and my guess would be a limit to the number of IP addresses handed out has been set).

Thread Information