New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

multiple wireless keyboard/mice on a mac mini

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

petrolhead69

petrolhead69 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Still saving up for one.

My current htpc setup is a pc under the stairs feeding a 4 way powered hdmi splitter, hdmi-cat5 baluns feeding the hdmi video to the lounge, bathroom and 2 bedrooms, and usb-cat5 extenders to the lounge and master bedroom with wireless keyboard dongles plugged in there, as windows allows multiple keyboards on the 1 machine. in bedroom 2 and the bathroom I control it from my ipad with hipporemote.
If I replaced the htpc with a mac mini will it be ok with having 2 or 3 wireless keyboard dongles connected at the same time? What about multiple bluetooth dongles for bluetooth peripherals can you have more than one of those plugged in at the same time?
And does hipporemote work well on mac?
Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
TheMacMania

TheMacMania is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBookPro, 15", iCore 7, 8GB, Thunderbolt Display

i have no direct answer to your question but something from my experience:
having two bluetooth mouse and keyboards on two different macs in the same room drove me crazy - the mouse stucks all the time, the keyboard batteries are empty all the time - nobody could help until someone who works in a huge office told me to try a cable mouse...
it works like a charme now so you might want to put this in consideration

My Mac Journey! Tips and Tricks I share with you - http://www.themacmania.com
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Weird Issue With Airport & My Home Network Suddenly Appearing | Backing Up External Hard Drive to Time Capsule »