New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

My Mac won't connect to the Internet, but my other devices can.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

keanu

keanu is on a distinguished road

Hi!
Registered just for this question. My Mac which is on snow leopard and hasn't had its software touched in a few weeks is suddenly not able to connect to the Internet, but it can find the wifi! What's weirder is all of my other devices connect fine. Out of the 5 years we have owned this iMac, we never had this problem.
I've tried a few basic things
-rebooting the Mac, and modem, keeping them off for around 30 minutes
-turning airport off, then on
-resetting safari
-googled all over the place
-registering here for help!

I don't think it's my modem, I'm using it now on another device. What's wrong with my Mac and how do fix this

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

First lets rule out your Mac will it connect anywhere else ? ( meaning can you take it to a friends house or a Starbucks etc etc and connect)
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Firstly, welcome.

1. Does the problem just affect wifi?
2. does the problem remain if you connect your Mac to your router by ethernet cable?
3. Have you install all the Software Updates since installing Snow Leopard?

Please post details about which mac you have.

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Privacy from Google | Password conundrum WiFi, G4 »